Thursday, January 5, 2012

Out to Eat?


Have any of you tried to take your young family out to eat? HA HA,that’s a blast! Before we ever sit down at a table we are ready to throw in the towel! Call it a night, turn around and go home. DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200!

First things first, we have to wait to be seated at a restaurant. It’s not like McDonald's! Try to get all the kids to understand we have to wait till a nice lady or gentleman takes us to a table! We can’t just go and sit down anywhere we want to! Baby Sage and Luigi have no PATIENCE. Then I’ve got Abby and Mario pulling on me doing the Mommy song…..you all know that one…Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!!!! As Mommy is trying to keep her cool, and explain that we have to remember to use our inside voices in a public place such as this. Thank God a waitress came and sat us at a table.

She hands us the menu's and walks away.  When she returned she asked what we would like to drink, I started to reply, but Mario and Abby responded for me, “can we have some food please?” I just smiled back at the waitress, and tired to talk over the two kids,  She says “sorry I didn’t hear you ma’am, you want to repeat that please!” So I pulled one of the Grandma moves and lightly tapped their knees under the table! I thought MAYBE they would get the hint to be quiet, like I did when I was kid. Everybody knew what was coming next if you didn't  straighten up and fly right with the first warning! After the waitress left the table I gave all our kids the look and said, “we must remember our manners, and remember that we are to use our inside voices, and most of all, if we didn’t start to behave better that we were gonna leave without eating!” That’s right I pulled the golden ticket rule! After I said that I immediately thought that I was turning into my Mom and Grandma!!! WOW, the flash backs!

Waiting for food was agonizing! After you have given your kids the paper and the colors, then what can you find to amuse your children in the mean time? As I’m looking around, I see that there are small liquid creamer and butter packets on the table, here’s the first BIG mistake I make. I give Sage and Luigi each a packet of creamer. They both roll it on the table, squeeze it, and shake it. Which lead to Luigi throwing it across the restaurant, and Sage thought it might be a good idea to bite it and see what happens. Needless to say we had a messy Sage and a puddle of creamer to wipe up. Now our napkins were gone! I got up to grab more napkins and all of the kids started screaming bloody murder! As if the mess and the loud kids weren’t drawing enough attention!

FINALLY I saw our waitress with trays of food! I don’t know who was more relieved, us or the other people trying to enjoy their meals! I don’t know what I was thinking going into a restaurant with four children ages 6 and under. Once the kids had their food, things started to settle down. People around us stopped glaring at us and started to enjoy themselves, instead of the circus act!

All in all it was a very good time, and nice table conversation between us and Abby and Luigi. Very good food, and some good laughs. Would I do it all over again? You bet I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment