Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mommy what does Home mean?

Our family recently moved. If you have ever moved a family you know how much work is involved. When you move it’s not just the moving of belongings, it also entails giving your children a since of security. It’s also making BIG decisions.

We started to pack and get things ready. We had talked to the kids about moving to try and get them used to the idea and letting it sink in. Home....have you ever thought about what home means to a child? I really didn’t either till my five and six year old asked me what home means! So like an automatic reaction, I answered with our new address. It was Mario who said,”No Mom, what does home mean?” I was just as puzzled as he was at this point!

The dictionary defines home as relating to or being where one lives or where one’s roots are. I took out the dictionary and read what it said to the kids. I didn’t need a dictionary to tell me what home meant. So I gave them my definition of what home means to me. No matter where we are, as long as we’re all together that’s where home is! It could be 150 miles from where we are now, but if our whole family is there then we are home! Home is where the heart is, and my heart is with my family. You are all my family. Abby and Mario’s little faces lit up with joy!

I love memories like this one. I hope you all have wonderful memories to look back on with your own family!

Mom

1 comment: